Sunday, March 22, 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up – March 8th-14th

Not too much excitement happened this week.  Here’s a quick recap.

********************

Mid-week, my neighbor and I went to the Harrison Opera House in Norfolk to see the Virginia Opera’s student night performance of La Traviata!  20150311_FB_IMG_1426115303057

It was a wonderful show and a good story.  We had a great time.  We also got the list of next season’s performances, and I’m terribly excited to see they’re planning to do The Flying Dutchman!  That was the first opera I ever saw, and I was in my early twenties, before I had children.  I won tickets from a radio station on my way to work one day, and Steve and I went together.  I was hooked from there on out.  I cried my eyes out at such a tragic love story!  I’m anxious to see it again a couple of decades and many operas later.

********************

We got some bad news on Friday.  Our tenant of 17 years informed us he had been on a waiting list for a couple of retirement homes, and he had been offered a spot.  He said he was moving out at the end of the month.  Trouble is, he has a roommate on the lease, and they both just signed a lease a month ago for another year!  While I’m happy that he will be getting the care he needs in a group home, I surely can’t afford to be stuck with that mortgage without paying tenants on such short notice, and the other tenant informed me the next day that he could not afford to stay there alone.  So now they are on a hunt for a new roommate.  Keep your fingers crossed that they locate a good one quickly before all of us are in a pickle!

*******************

I hope you all have a wonderful week!  Spring is almost here.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment