Sunday, March 15, 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up – March 1st-7th

The word for this week is concerts!

********************

After church on Sunday, I was off to hear the symphony play Dvorak’s Cello Concerto with my neighbor friend.

20150301_FB_IMG_1425239320756

I love cello performances!  It was absolutely beautiful.

********************

On Tuesday, we began an official countdown to our cabin vacation.

20150303_FB_IMG_1425394480576

It’s only 31 days until we’re off to Cliffside Cabin!  We used to go every year in October, but we haven’t been able to go since Hayden started public school.  This year, we were able to book the cabin during Hayden’s spring break from school.  We’re really looking forward to a nice retreat!  It’s been 2.5 years since we were last there.

********************

On Saturday night, my neighbor and I were supposed to go to the symphony POPS concert in downtown Norfolk at Chrysler Hall, but her daughters were both sick, so she sold her ticket to my best friend, Micka, and I picked her up on the way.

20150307_195704 20150307_195723

We had a fabulous time and got to hear them play The Music of Benny Goodman.  Micka loves jazz, and while I’m not a fan of jazz, this was more of an old-fashioned swing concert, so I enjoyed it, too.  It reminded me of the music my dad listened to growing up.

********************

While I’m not fond of having lots of commitments outside the house one right after another, I really did enjoy the concerts this week, and there are a few more this month as the VSO and the Virginia Opera both finish up their seasons in March.  I really love all of the cultural arts events available to us in Hampton Roads.  Do you have a lot of similar events in your area?

No comments:

Post a Comment