Saturday, September 5, 2020

Favorite Recipes for the Week of August 30th

TOP FAVORITE BREAKFAST:

2 over-medium Eggs, 2 pieces of fully cooked bacon, 1/2 cup strawberries, and a light English muffin.  This isn’t a recipe, obviously.  It’s just an old standard breakfast that’s hard to resist, and all for a total of 323 calories.


TOP FAVORITE LUNCH:

Presto Chicken Taco.  This is so easy to make, and it makes so much!  My whole family loves these tasty tacos, even my very picky teenage daughter.  The original recipe was meant for the stovetop, but I just throw everything into the electric pressure cooker for 20 minutes, and it’s ready in a flash.  I just drain off all the liquids when it’s done and store the meat for several days’ worth of lunches for the whole family.  I served one taco with some steamed broccoli (a FREE food on our nutrition plan), a quarter cup of Birdseye Southwest-Style Rice, and a medium D’Anjou pear, all for a total of 417 calories.  Toppings are extra, of course.


TOP FAVORITE DINNER:

BBQ Beef Sandwich with Home-Style Coleslaw.  Wouldn’t you know I forgot to snap a picture of this one?  Just the mere mention of beef, and my fellas devour whatever it is, so I often miss getting a photo in that case.  This slow-cooked beef was no exception!  I served 1 BBQ sandwich (using 1/3 cup of bbq) with 2/3 cup of the coleslaw for a total of 442 calories.  Having lived most of my life in VA, I like my bbq sandwich with the coleslaw served on top of the BBQ and drizzled with hot sauce.  Yum!  Here are stock photos from the Taste of Home website.

BBQ Beef Sandwiches Home-Style Coleslaw


That’s what I’ve got for you this week!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment