Saturday, September 5, 2020

Favorite Recipes for the Week of September 6th

TOP FAVORITE BREAKFAST:

Baked Blueberry Peach Oatmeal.  This baked oatmeal dish is a long-time favorite of ours.  My boys love it, even though they don’t even like regular oatmeal!  For them, the downside of oatmeal is the texture, but this baked version is completely different.  The combination of blueberries and peaches adds just the right amount of sweetness, and we love to sprinkle ours with cinnamon on top for an extra pizazz.  I served this with an over-medium egg on the side, and it kept us full and satisfied.  We gobbled this up, so I totally missed taking a photo for you.  Here’s the stock photo from Taste of Home’s website. 

Baked Blueberry & Peach Oatmeal


TOP FAVORITE LUNCH:

Steak Flatbread Wrap.  This was a huge winner in my house!  Even my picky teenage daughter ate this and commented about it several times afterwards.  It was definitely a labor of love, though.  I’ve never made flatbread from scratch before.  It definitely took some time and attention, but it wasn’t hard.  My yeast wasn’t very fresh, but they still came out really well!  My daughter really loved the wrap itself…that it was like a tortilla but tasted like bread and was really soft.  And of course, the flank steak was amazing.  I served it with fresh red and green pepper strips on the side with a bit of light ranch dressing for dipping, but hubby and I ended up putting our ranch and peppers on the wrap itself, and it was *so* good that way.  That’s how it’s shown here in the picture.  Wonderful!


TOP FAVORITE DINNER:

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Healthy Oven Roasted Potatoes.  This pork tenderloin was marinated for 4 hours before grilling with indirect heat, and it was so juicy and flavorful!  It paired perfectly with these oven-roasted potatoes, which had my favorite combo of fresh rosemary from my garden, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.  So good!

 


Those were our favorites this week.  I hope you find something yummy here to add to your family’s menu for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment