Saturday, September 19, 2020

Favorite Recipes for the Week of September 13th

TOP FAVORITE BREAKFAST:

Baked Eggs with Cheddar & Bacon.  This is essentially an egg muffin.  It’s supposed to be baked in a 4 oz. ramekin, but since I don’t have any that can go in the oven, I just use a jumbo muffin pan whenever a recipe calls for those.  Easy substitute!  I served them with half a mini bagel with a tablespoon of whipped cream cheese, 2/3 cup of red grapes, and a 4.25 oz. orange juice box.  This made for a quick, easy breakfast that anyone in the house could grab and take on the go.  This complete breakfast was just 325 calories.


TOP FAVORITE LUNCH:

Makeover Curried Rice Soup.  If you like curried chicken, then you will like this soup that’s really more of a stew.  It is a comforting dish we usually enjoy in the winter.  I served it with a mini Naan bread for dipping.  I love the mini Naan bread from Aldi, as they are the perfect size for a single serving.  They go together so well.  The whole lunch was 418 calories.  I forgot to take a picture, so I’m including the stock photo from the Taste of Home website. 


TOP FAVORITE DINNER:

Homemade Spaghetti Sauce.  I served this with 1/2 cup cooked spaghetti, a salad with light dressing, and a small sweet Hawaiian roll on the side.  I like the Sam’s Choice sweet rolls from Walmart, as they are only 70 calories each and stay fresh and soft to go with meals all week long.  This spaghetti sauce was really good and a little different from the typical beef sauce.  This one is made with sweet Italian turkey sausage, and it was really tasty without being greasy, which I loved.  The whole meal was just 300 calories.  I was apparently bad at taking photos this week, so here is the stock photo from the Taste of Home website.

Homemade Spaghetti Sauce


I have to share a personal victory.  On Friday, I weighed in at 126.8 lbs.!  My weight loss goal was to hit 128.0, so I not only surpassed by goal weight but even surpassed what I weighed when I went in for my shoulder surgery last November.  I’ve lost about 10 pounds using these recipes and doing some light cardio 5 days a week since early June.  I am very happy with my results and so elated to have reached my goal!  It definitely feels good to be somewhat back to my former self.  I’ll still have to tone up once my shoulder allows me to resume weight training in my workouts, but for now, this is a big win. 

 

That’s it for this week.  I hope you’ll give one of these recipes a try! 

3 comments:

  1. You can also consider buy instagram followers uk by creating your own account in order to build a following for your business. However, this may be risky because this is your home page and you should carefully decide what you are going to put on it. You should only include your business website address or company name. or your email in order to gain trust and popularity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, how can you buy tiktok likes, Follows, and other information with fast speed? Many of the top users use services many times a day to get their followers up and active. They usually do this by setting the twitter account as a private one. They also make sure that it is easy for people to follow their tweets, follow their followers, and view their profile. It's a bit more complicated than that, but basically, the idea is pretty simple: you create a Twitter account for yourself, and you set it up in the way that is easiest for you to get the updates on your Twitter feed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the third social network that you can buy instagram followers au from is Twitter. This social network allows you to get more traffic than any other social network because it is free, so you are getting the most out of every dollar spent.

    ReplyDelete