Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween Freebies and Deals

It’s not too late!  Take advantage of these Halloween freebies and deals.

IHOP:  Kids age 12 and under get a FREE scary face pancake today, no purchase required!  We went early and got ours for breakfast.  I had a receipt from a previous visit, did the survey on the bottom, and used that get myself a free short stack of pancakes!  Then we ordered some turkey sausage links on the side, and that was the only thing I had to pay for.  Gotta love a deal like that!

KRISPY KREME:  Anyone who shows up in a costume today gets a FREE doughnut of your choice.  There are some seasonal doughnuts just for Halloween that won’t be around after today, but you can pick any one of your choice.  If you don’t have a costume, just get creative.  I grabbed a long zip-up house robe to put over my clothes and carried my daughter’s pillow pet, put my hair in two braids in the parking lot, and went in as a little girl.  Hey, don’t knock it…it works!  And I thoroughly enjoyed my favorite apple cinnamon filled doughnut.  Yum!  I skipped lunch so I could have it, especially after those heavy pancakes for breakfast.  I’m on a real carb high today!

SONIC:  A convenient way to grab a quick dinner for the kids before heading out the door for trick-or-treating tonight is to run by a Sonic drive-thru and take advantage of the 50-cent corn dogs they are offering today.  Man, those corn dogs are surprisingly good!  Crispy on the outside, yet soft on the inside.  Yummy goodness!  There’s no limit that I’m aware of, so grab a few for the hungry teenager in the house while you’re at it.

Speaking of hungry teenagers, I just left the pediatrician’s office from getting checkups for two of my kids, and would you believe that my 17-year old son has lost 4 pounds in the last month, all while eating me out of house and home?  I guess that’s what happens when he runs and competes to regionals with cross-country AND plays soccer simultaneously in the same season.  Go figure!  That boy can put down some calories, all while I’m counting every single one and trying to lose weight.  Sigh.  Oh, to be young again!

Happy Halloween, everyone!  Stay safe out there.  Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment