Sunday, July 10, 2016

BEST Freebie/Cheapie Week of the Year!!!

Anybody who knows me knows that this is my absolute FAVORITE week of freebies and cheapies of the whole year!  I’ve been following a nutrition and exercise plan since January, and I lost about 15 pounds in the first two months, which I’ve been maintaining.  But this week of freebies is so good that I’m taking a little mini-vacation from my nutrition plan to enjoy all of my favorite goodies!

MONDAY:  FREE SLURPEE DAY

At 7-Eleven stores, you can get a free small Slurpee from 11 AM – 7 PM.  There are so many around my house that I can hit half a dozen stores within a mile of my house…no kidding!  My kids like to see how many Slurpee cups they can collect in one day, and then we come home and make a pyramid out of them for a photo to put in my family scrapbook.  Each location seems to stock different flavors, so it’s fun to hop around.  We have those big refillable Slurpee cups, so last year, we started taking empty ones with us and dumping our small Slurpees into those in the van whenever we couldn’t finish it before arriving at the next store.  Yum!  What’s more, they are coming out with a new birthday cake flavor for this special day!  It sounds gross to us, but I’m sure we’ll be giving it a try just for fun!  Fortunately, they almost always have a sugar-free flavor available, so I can cut calories a bit there and not die from sugar overload.

TUESDAY:  COW APPRECIATION DAY

This is my absolute favorite freebie EVER!  Stop by your local Chick-Fil-A store wearing anything cow-printed and you will receive a FREE entree!  Now this is different from all the past years where you used to get a free meal for dressing as a cow from head to toe or an entree for a single cow item of apparel or accessory.  Now it’s only an entree, and you don’t need a full outfit.  Unless of course you are a kid with anything cow-printed, and then you get a free kids’ meal.  Still fine by me!  Carting all those drinks around was a pain anyway, and all those fries were hard to fit in my fridge.  You guessed it…I’m also surrounded by Chick-Fil-A’s so we start off during breakfast hours and hit 5 or 6 different locations in my city to stock up on enough food to feed us for about 3 days.  Yum!  Chick-Fil-A is the BEST!  There’s a list of eligible entrees, but it’s pretty much everything.  This runs from opening until 7 PM.  It’ll be great not to have to wear all that extra garb on a hot summer day.  I have a cow-printed purse, so I’ll just take that, and I’ve got a couple of cow-printed vests from old cowboy/cowgirl costumes for my older kids and a cow visor for my youngest.  We’re all set!

TUESDAY:  IHOP’S 58TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION

Stop by your local IHOP from 7 AM – 7 PM and enjoy a short stack of pancakes for just 58 cents in celebration of their 58th anniversary!  I love how fast the service is at my local restaurant, and they always seem to be ready for the onslaught of customers at these events.  Those pancakes just keep coming out of the kitchen like clockwork!  Delicious and fluffy, too.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment