Friday, August 30, 2013

Hayden’s 14th Birthday!

DSCF0808

Hayden just turned 14 on August 12th.  *AMAZING!*  How did that happen?!?  As he prepares to go off to high school for the first time next week, it has suddenly dawned on me that my sweet, treasured first child has grown up on me!  He’s now a lovely young man who towers over me and has bigger feet than his father.  Gone are the days of bedtime stories and dinosaur books.  How I miss those days with my precious firstborn son!  Sigh.  This is the beginning of the last stretch of years at home.  It’s bittersweet, and I’m feeling sadder than ever to realize he’s almost grown up…like all the way!  Sad smile

DSCF0809Hayden and Haylee had their big annual birthday bash on a Saturday between their birthdays, but I still celebrate with them individually on their actual birthdays. So for Hayden’s actual birthday, he asked me to make him a pineapple upside down cake…his long time favorite.

Before we dug into the cake, Steve took him to the local driving range to hit some golf balls.  He had a great time!

Hayden, being the wonderful big brother that he is, called Holden into the kitchen when it was time to sing and blow out the candles so he could “help” blow them out.  So sweet!  They did a great job as a team in getting all 14 candles out!

DSCF0811  DSCF0813

There’s no denying it…Hayden is certainly no baby any more.  But I dearly love him, big or small.  Happy birthday, honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment