Saturday, July 3, 2021

A Spectacular 4th of July Celebration

I suspect that this year’s 4th of July celebrations will be bigger and better than ever.  Even if you don’t plan to attend an organized event (I don’t…I think the turnout will be huge, and I am still avoiding large crowds), I anticipate that individual celebrations will be just as spectacular.  I say this for two reasons.

Fort Worth 4th of July | Fireworks Show & Live Music
One, people have been locked up by the pandemic for far too long.  Folks are ready to get out in the fresh air and have something fun and exciting to celebrate with as many people as possible.  It seems like everything was canceled in 2020…holiday celebrations, in-home gatherings, concerts, and events of all kinds.  It was a lonely and isolated year with not much to look forward to.  With coronavirus numbers significantly lower and over half of Americans age 12+ being vaccinated, I think people will turn out in droves just to be with others and have something fun to do.

Two, I was out shopping today for some simple sparklers and bumblebees to use in my backyard by my pool with the kids (fireworks are illegal in my city), and I went to a place called Fireworks Marketplace in a neighboring city where fireworks are legal.  Wow!  There were SO many people there filling cartloads to overflowing with large fireworks of all kinds.  I couldn’t help but think to myself that these people were planning some hardcore pyrotechnics of their own!

In any case, I hope you are able to have some fun and enjoy some family time while celebrating Independence Day this year.  I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment