Saturday, August 15, 2020

This Week’s Top Recipes

Last week, I shared a bit about the meal plans, planning tools, and the exercise program I use to keep myself and my family healthy and fit. 

Going forward, I’d like to pick out some favorite recipes we’ve tried during the week and share them with you.


TOP FAVORITE BREAKFAST:

Light Eggs Benedict.  I served this with an extra slice of Canadian bacon and 1 cup of cantaloupe for a total of 314 calories.  It was so good that my husband said he could eat it every morning for the rest of his life without complaint!  I made it again for this week since it was such a big hit.  Even my 12-year old son loved it. When I meal prepped it, I left the sauce on the side and set the muffin on top so it wouldn’t get soggy and could be toasted fresh on the morning it was eaten.


TOP FAVORITE LUNCH:

Focaccia Sandwich.  I served this with 2/3 cup red seedless grapes for a total of 312 calories.  I bought the focaccia loaf from Panera…black pepper focaccia bread.  It was less than 10 oz. rather than the 12 oz. called for in the recipe, so I had to cut the sandwich into 8 servings instead of 12.  When I meal prepped it, I left the tomato on the side so it wouldn’t make the bread soggy.  This was a fabulous Italian sandwich!  You definitely need the toothpicks to hold it together until it’s time to eat.  My husband said he would be happy eating this every day, too!  He’s so easy to please.  Smile


TOP FAVORITE DINNER:

Turkey Pecan Enchiladas.  This made 12 servings, so it lasted a few days!  I served this with another great recipe for Mexican Veggies and 1/3 cup of Birdseye Southwestern-Style Rice for a total of 438 calories.  This was surprisingly good and was a pleasant alternative to enchiladas with the traditional spicy red sauce.  The creamy green chili sauce was really good!

That’s it for this week.  I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment