Saturday, August 22, 2020

Favorite Recipes for the Week of August 16th

This week, we repeated the Light Eggs Benedict, just because it was such a hit for us, but we also mixed it up with some new recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Here are this week’s top favorites.


TOP FAVORITE BREAKFAST:

Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes.  I absolutely loved these pancakes!  It made a huge batch, too.  I actually got 16 pancakes out of it.  My sons love blueberries as much as I do, and the homemade blueberry syrup to go on top was heavenly!  I thought putting maple and brown sugar oatmeal packets in the batter was a pretty cool idea, and it added a lovely aroma and a nice extra flavor note.  What I had on hand was Better Oats Steel Cut instant oatmeal, so that’s what I used, and it turned out great.  I used huge frozen blueberries from Aldi in my batter and syrup, so I decided to use a potato masher to mash some of the blueberries in the syrup so it wouldn’t be quite so chunky, and it was great!  171 calories per pancake was kind of steep, but they were thick and fluffy, and that calorie count included the syrup, so it wasn’t too bad.  I served one pancake with a tablespoon of the blueberry syrup, an egg, 2 slices of bacon, and half a banana for a total of 333 calories.


TOP FAVORITE LUNCH:

Chicken Caesar Wraps.  I really liked this recipe.  The filling was delicious!  I added the lettuce afterwards but left it out of the picture so you could see the contents of the filling.  I packed it this way so we could fill the wrap right before we ate it in order to avoid the tortilla getting soggy from sitting in the fridge.  I served it with baby carrots, a cup of sliced apples, and a dill pickle spear for a total of 394 calories.


TOP FAVORITE DINNER:

Pork Chop Skillet.  This was easy and quick to make, and my it was a favorite with my husband, who absolutely loves a big pile of potatoes!  This had quite a bit of potatoes in each serving, so that automatically made it a hit with him.  It was also very filling.  I had planned to serve this with a salad, but it turned out to be plenty of food, and it had lots of potatoes, celery, and carrots in the entree, so we ended up eating it without the salad for a total of 337 calories.  I forgot to take a picture since we ate it so fast, so here is the stock photo from Taste of Home’s website instead.


That’s it for this week!  I hope you enjoy some of these dishes.  I look forward to trying out a new batch of recipes next week and sharing them with you!

And on a side note, I hit my lowest weight this year today…129.2!  I’m now 1.2 lbs. from my goal weight, which I hit one year ago yesterday, long before my surgery in November, so I feel pretty good to be so close to returning to my goal weight after just a couple of months of using these recipes and doing my YouV2 exercises that I mentioned last week.  If I lose 2 more pounds, I’ll be back to what I weighed on the day of my surgery, which was just beyond my goal weight.  Hopefully, I’ll get there soon enough.  Slow and steady wins the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment