Sunday, July 19, 2015

Cow Appreciation Day 2015

The kids and I teamed up with our neighbor friends once again and caravanned around town to 6 different Chick-Fil-A’s to celebrate Cow Appreciation Day!  There were 7 of us in two vehicles.DSCF4348

I tried to better prepare this year and make the costumes easier to manage.  I had picked up a cow-print sweater at the Goodwill Outlet for just 97 cents, and it was perfect for me.  Plus I had my cow-print purse and my “Eat Mor Chikin” sign draped around my neck, and then I taped 2 cow ears on a headband and a couple of paper spots on my shorts, and I was ready to go.  So this year, I gave my cow-print vest from an old Halloween costume to Haylee to wear, and then she did the same thing with the sign, ears on a headband, and 2 spots on her shorts.  Hayden wore the same as her, except that he put his ears on a baseball hat.  For Holden, I had to come up with something different, because his spots are always falling off his shirt!  So this year, I took an old white undershirt that had an ink stain on it and drew black cow spots with a Sharpie marker, gave him a sign to wear, put two spots on his shorts, and had him wear a cow visor that I picked up at the Target Dollar Spot a couple of years ago.  Then we all had cow noses I mounted on popsicle sticks last year.  We were ready to go!

We had such a great time.  We started out at about 10 AM, and we were home and sitting down to eat our lunch by 2 PM.  This year, we were well prepared.  We put a cooler in the back of the van to keep the food warm as we went around, and that worked really well.  We made sure to get drink carri11737833_1021466977886095_4827032479268676707_ners to hold all the cups. 

So we started off by sitting down with our friends at stop #1 and having a nice leisurely breakfast.  Yum!  A Chick-Fil-A chicken biscuit is my favorite breakfast! 

Then at about 10:30, we were off to our next stop and every one there after with the goal of getting take-out.  It got busier as we went along, but it wasn’t too bad.  By the time we finished our last stop, our cooler was full and the some, and we were ready for lunch!

When we got home, we consolidated the drinks into those giant plastic straw cups you get a theme parks, and we dumped all of the waffle fries into big Ziploc containers in the fridge.  I had cleared the bottom shelf of the fridge before we left so there’d be space to store all the sandwiches.  And then we sat down to enjoy a nice lunch.  I tried the new chicken soup and side salad combo, and it was delicious! 

So our adventure began on Tuesday, but that food lasted all of us (a family of 5) through lunch on Friday before we finished off the last of it!  It was quite an adventure, and we never get tired of Chick-Fil-A. 

I also love how friendly and fun the employees always seem to be.  The kindness abounds in the sincerest of ways!  An employee snapped this picture of us with the cow and encouraged us to enter the online contest.  They said they loved our costumes!  At one store, they hung out of the drive-thru window and announced the cows were coming!  LOL.  When we walked in the door they started ringing cowbells and clapping and cheering for us!  It was a lot of fun.

Thanks, CFA!  Until next year…

EAT MOR CHIKIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment