Sunday, May 11, 2014

Weekly Wrap-Up – April 27th-May 3rd

Well, this sure was a busy week for us!  I’m not sure I got a lot of photos, but we were certainly very busy.  The big event of the week was my nephew’s wedding in Williamsburg, so I’m going to focus on that.

********************

My oldest living brother, Brady, has 3 children, and his youngest son, Ryan, got married on Saturday!  It was quite a big affair!  We drove out to a gated community in the Lightfoot section of Williamsburg to spend the day celebrating with Ryan and his bride, Brittney.  After a beautiful ceremony outdoors on the edge of the golf course, complete with live classical music being played by 3 lovely ladies, we went inside the ballroom to attend a catered dinner and dancing with a DJ for several hours.  We had great fun with a photo booth they had set up, where everybody took turns going in and dressing up in silly hats to take photo strips that were placed into a scrapbook for the happy couple.  It was great!  Then as the evening drew to a close, everyone adjourned outside to light sparklers and line the driveway to their car as the bride and groom made their elated departure.  It was a lovely evening spent with family!

DSCF1714DSCF1715DSCF1716DSCF1717DSCF1718DSCF1719DSCF1720DSCF1710DSCF1712DSCF1713

After the recent sadness in my family with the loss of my mother, I have to say that it was really nice to have a joyful occasion to celebrate. Smile

********************

Hope you had a great week, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment