Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Recipe Resources

I absolutely LOVE to cook.  Let’s face it.  I just love food in general and everything about it…the way it looks, the way it smells, the texture, the taste, the enjoyment I get in preparing it, the presentation…everything!  Food is definitely my love language.  I love to cook and serve others and see the pleasure they get from eating what I’ve made.

My all-time favorite cookbook series for healthy recipes that keep the calories in check but still taste good is the Comfort Food Diet by Taste of Home.  There are 3 editions in the series…the original, quick & easy, and family favorites.  There are also hardcover annuals you can order from Taste of Home, but I’ve found them to be the same recipes compiled in different combinations, so you only need to invest in either the softcovers or the hardcover annuals, but not both. 

The softcover versions are handy to use, inexpensive, well-organized, and have all the features I love about cookbooks:  nutritional information, portion sizes, sections organized by category, and then organized within each section by the number of calories per portion, an index, and even handy suggested meal plans that help you keep your daily calories at 1200 or less per day for 3 meals plus 2 snacks...and there are even desserts!  And let’s not forget the most important thing:  the recipes are delicious, easy to make, and appealing to the entire family.  Yay!

So many of the recipes have become favorites in our regular dinner rotation.  After losing all the weight on PINK Method and getting myself in shape, it was important to me to eat right and keep the weight off while eating normal foods.  Really, it’s all about portion control and careful substitutions of key ingredients that keep the calories and fat low while still working out with PINK.  These books do a great job of helping me do that!

I also love reading cooking and health magazines.  Some of my favorites are Eating Well, Natural Health, and Healthy Cooking. 

So do tell…what are your favorite recipe sources for healthy eating?  Please share in the comments.  Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment