Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Our Valentine’s tradition in the Burgess household is to have heart-shaped waffleDSCF0223s for breakfast.  But this year, we decided to try something a little different. 

So I broke out the Babycakes Cake Pop maker and whipped up some pancake batter.  I served pancake puppies in a bowl topped with their choice of cinnamon apples or strawberries in light syrup with whipped cream on top. YUM!  That was fun!  It was a big hit with all of three of them.  I think a new tradition has been born this day!

DSCF0224

Later this afternoon, we’re hosting a Valentine’s Card Exchange and Dessert Potluck with fellow homeschoolers at Redwing Park.  Then tonight, I’m headed off with a friend to see “A Streetcar Named Desire” performed by the Virginia Opera.  This should be a fun day! 

Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, what a great picture. I should have had my boys wear a red shirt and Annette pink, then snapped away. I tell ya, I have just been tired these past few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The only reason I thought to have them wear red and pink was because they were so excited about the party we were hosting. Even *I* wore a pink striped hoodie! LOL. We figured folks would find us better at the park that way. We had fun!

      Delete