Saturday, January 26, 2019

More Organization Projects

To keep my momentum going, I’m trying to work on at least a couple of new organizational projects every week.

To truly appreciate how my breakfast closet has been transformed, you would have needed to see what it looked like before.  But since there’s no way I would have taken a photo of the chaos that was in there before, you’ll have to be satisfied with what it looks like post-reorganization.

20190126_185429 20190126_185438

    Cereal in ziploc bags in baskets     Poptarts labeled on edges in a basket

My husband is thrilled to have this all cleaned out, particularly since this closet is actually a utility closet that houses one of the hot water heaters and one of the air handler units.  When we had a leak a few months ago, it wasn’t pretty in there!

20190126_185524

Oatmeal with soda and trash bags on shelves on the closet door

I also picked up some large silverware trays that I planned to use to better accommodate my silverware.  But when I got home, I realized they didn’t fit in my silverware drawers.  I was going to return them, but then my husband reminded me that we have some very large drawers (even larger than the trays) in our buffet where they could probably be used to tidy things up.  So I set right to work to make good use of them there.

20190126_205918 20190126_205949

These sectional trays worked so well in these large drawers that I’d like to get a couple more for the other two drawers there the next time I find myself near IKEA.  I just love browsing through that store for organizational ideas!  I really wanted their adjustable pot lid rack, but I literally walked the whole store and couldn’t find it.  Maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment