Saturday, January 12, 2019

Happy 48th Birthday to My Dear Hubby!

I know it seems like all I’ve been writing about lately is birthdays, but alas, it’s that time of year for my family!  We have 3 birthdays in the 2 weeks after Christmas.  Crazy, I know!

This time around, we wrap up the winter birthday season with my dear husband, Steve, who has turned 48!  Happy Birthday, sweetheart! 

His birthday fell on Monday, so I set out to make some of his favorite foods on Sunday when he could be home to enjoy them, and then we did the cake after work on Monday.

20190107_200319 20190107_200249 20190107_200242

We picked out a delicious carrot cake (his fave) with real cream cheese frosting, and I must say that it was really good!  He was acting like his usual goofball self before he realized that 3 of us were holding cell phones because we were taking video!  LOL  That’s what he gets. Winking smile



Seriously, though, every year with this man is a blessing I treasure, and I hope to celebrate many more birthdays with him in the future.

Now that birthday season and the holiday season are over, we can stop eating cake and think about getting back to healthier eating again.  I am still nursing a shoulder injury, so I’m not prepared to return to my regular exercise routine yet (in fact, I just had a cortisone injection on Monday, and I had physical therapy twice this week…ugh!), but hopefully, I’m on the road to recovery, and I can get myself back in shape before pool season begins.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment