Sunday, January 10, 2016

Party Time!!!

On Saturday, we had Holden’s 8th birthday party with all of our close family friends.  It was so much fun, and as I looked around the room, I began to realize two things:  one, what a wonderful group of people we’re blessed to have in our lives, and two, how long all of these people have been a part of our lives!  Some of these friends, I’ve known for 24 years…some from church even longer!  My kids have such wonderful memories with all of them, and it was delightful to see how much each of our friends felt joy in seeing each other again, as well!  It really made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Holden had such a wonderful time…as he got ready for bed, he told me he’d had such a fun party day and thanked me.  I’m really glad.  It was 6:30 before the last of our company left, and it was really a pleasure to see everyone gathered together in one place. 

I drew BB8 on the cake from the Star Wars: The Force Awakens movie that we all saw recently.  Holden thought it was really cool.  And Haylee and I spent all day Friday baking and decorating 77 cake pops for the party.  They were so good!  I didn’t do any cooking for this party…just baking…so it was a really easy event for me to host compared to Hayden’s and Haylee’s summer party.

Here are photos to summarize the day.  In some ways, it’s so hard to believe my baby is 8!

DSCF4475DSCF4476

DSCF4477DSCF4478

DSCF4480DSCF4489

DSCF4491DSCF4492

DSCF4493DSCF4494

DSCF4496DSCF4497

DSCF4499DSCF4500

DSCF4501DSCF4502

Many thanks to everyone for coming and making Holden’s day so special, and thank you for the blessing of your friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment