Sunday, January 24, 2016

Losing Weight, Getting Fit, and a Little Snow!

Last weekend, I got on the scales, only to discover that I was 139.2 pounds.  I was disgusted with myself.  I decided right then and there that it was time to get myself back on P.I.N.K. Method.  I followed this awesome nutrition and exercise plan starting back in December 2011, just before I turned 40, and I kept it up for 20 months straight without missing a beat! 

BEFORE and AFTER PINK2

Lots of things in my life happened at that time, one right after another, and all of them sabotaged my lifestyle.  As a result, I got away from following the plan and quit exercising altogether.  Also during that time, I severely injured my Achilles tendon in my left foot, and I found everyday walking very difficult, much less exercising.  It took a year and a half for it to not give me chronic pain.  So here I am, 44 and totally out of shape again, and 16 pounds heavier than my maintenance weight on P.I.N.K.  It’s time for a change!

I started putting myself in the right frame of mind this week, cutting portion sizes and mindfully eating only when I was hungry, laying off the sweets, etc., and I managed to lose 3 lbs. even before starting P.I.N.K. on Friday.  That was a great way to start!  The first part of P.I.N.K. has you do a Reset period, a type of detox, to jumpstart your weight loss and get you ready to begin the workouts.  For me, I’m doing 10 days of Reset this time because I have more weight to lose than the last time around.  I started on Friday, and I lost about a pound the first day and again the second day!  No carbs, no dairy, and limited caffeine…but I’m making it!  I know I can do it, because I’ve done it before.  So now I’m down about 5 lbs. since last weekend.

DSCF4513

If you’d like to try P.I.N.K. Method, you can get the online program for just $20 right now.  And I saw the physical kit with an instruction book/journal and DVD’s is being offered for $15.36 at OpenSky for about another week.  That’s a whole lot cheaper than it was when I bought it in 2011 for $60!  And once you’re a member, you can follow the plan for life.  It’s not costing me anything extra to restart my plan and pick up right where I left off.

I love that there are daily suggested menus.  There’s also a blueprint you can follow to determine what you should eat if you want to create your own meals.  But I usually follow the suggest meal plan, because I enjoy the variety that it offers. 

DSCF4523

P.I.N.K. Drink #1 for breakfast
(unsweetened cashew milk, a scoop of vanilla whey protein powder, and frozen strawberries)

DSCF4521

P.I.N.K. Reset Day 1 – Lunch
(4 oz. lean beef patty, stewed tomatoes, rainbow salad w/low-cal dressing)

DSCF4522

P.I.N.K. Reset Day 1 – Dinner
(4 oz. grilled salmon, steamed broccoli and cauliflower)

Even though there are no carbs during the Reset phase, you can see that there’s plenty of food to eat, and it’s really yummy, too!

I will start Phase 1 with workouts on February 1st.  Hopefully, my injured foot and my bum knees will hold out okay.  I’m looking forward to losing inches and getting fit again!

********************

I just wanted to make quick mention of the crazy weather we’re having.  There was a huge blizzard that struck a large corridor of the East Coast this weekend.  It got most of my state, but it basically missed my little coastal area of VA, bringing us mostly rain.  It started out sleeting and snowing late Friday morning, prompting the school system to send kids home 3 hours early so the buses wouldn’t be on the road once it got slippery.  Even hubby got sent home super early!  The kids had a great time making a tiny snowman on the trunk of my car. 

DSCF4517DSCF4519DSCF4515

Then it all changed over to rain, washing away the snow we’d gotten at first.  It rained and rained a whole lot, all night long, and the wind picked up considerably overnight.  Then at some point on Saturday, it switched from rain to sleet to snow again, creating a slushy mess, even on the highway!  We went out in the early evening to pick up a couple of things at the grocery store, and the parking lots were already deep with slush, and the roads were already getting slippery.  The snow just kept on coming, blowing sideways with gusty winds up to 49 mph in my coastal city.  Before we knew it, the streets of my neighborhood were covered, and everything was white again.  Now it’s not a lot of snow by any means, but it’s more than we got on the front side of the storm that supposedly missed us, and it didn’t stop until about 10 PM! 

It was in the 20’s last night, so everything is definitely frozen, and Sunday is supposed to be a high of only 33, so there’s going to be little to no melting going on throughout the day.  Then Sunday’s low is supposed to be 22, so my guess is that the neighborhoods, at least will be very icy and will probably affect schools for Monday morning.  I am guessing there will be a 2-hour delay or something like that.  I guess we’ll have to wait and see!

How’s the weather in your neck of the woods?

No comments:

Post a Comment