Saturday, November 13, 2021

The Great Turkey Hunt 2021

Has anyone noticed how high turkey prices are this Thanksgiving?  I’m shocked.  I can’t seem to find a deal anywhere.  In previous years, I’ve paid about 37 cents Butterball, Frozen, Young Turkey, 10-16 lbs - Walmart.comper pound for a whole turkey, and I maybe had to spend $35 on other stuff to get that price.  No problem!  But not so this year.  I actually only eat white meat and prefer to just get a whole turkey breast.  But I can’t even find those this year!  I tried Kroger and Winco, and there just weren’t any deals to be had.  So I broke down and went to Walmart and ended up getting a smaller 13 pound whole turkey for 97 cents a pound.  That was the best deal I could find anywhere in town!

Between milk, meat, and gas prices, I think everyone is taking a hit.  Inflation’s on a runaway train at the moment.

I also noticed that the supply of turkeys was running a little thin in some stores, so don’t wait too long to get what you need to celebrate your holiday.  I wrapped up my food shopping on Friday.

1 comment:

  1. I got a free turkey at Winco with my $100 purchase. With a large family, it's easy to spend $100 on groceries, sometimes a couple of times a week.

    ReplyDelete