Saturday, September 4, 2021

Returning to the Symphony after 18 Months!!!

On Sunday, September 5th, I’ll finally get to return to my beloved Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra in person for a performance of Warner Brothers Presents: BUGS BUNNY AT THE SYMPHONY, 30th Anniversary Edition!

This pandemic has changed my entertainment choices so much.  It has been 18 long months since I last attended a concert!  I’ve had a symphony subscription for both POPS and SYMPHONCS performances for most of the years that we’ve lived here.  I always go to the Sunday afternoon performances between church services, which perfectly fit into my schedule.  In the 2019-2020 subscription year, many of the final performances were canceled due to COVID, and I had already renewed in January 2020 for the 2020-2021 subscription year.  When that season rolled around, Bass Performance Hall was still closed due to COVID restrictions and a lack of a vaccine, and when they rescheduled performances to Will Rogers Auditorium where you have to pay for parking and be seated in random places in order to space out, I decided to just get a refund for the whole year. 

So this has been a long time coming!  I was so elated to hear that the 2021-2022 season would be returning to Bass Performance Hall once again!  I have again subscribed to both series, and I look forward to enjoying the performances once again.  I understand that the hall will be requiring masks to be worn throughout the performances for everyone’s safety amid the spread of the Delta variant, and I’m totally on board with that.  I am fully vaccinated, but I’m about 7 months out from my 2nd dose, so I know my protection is waning with the passage of time.  My daughter has asthma and has always been very vulnerable to viruses, so I’m all about prevention methods!

So although life is far from back to normal, I’m happy to have a way to obtain some level of entertainment outside of the house once again.  The symphony has always been a respite for me…a kind of relaxed getaway from a busy and sometimes stressful life in a household full of people going in all directions.

I hope you’re all finding ways to resume some semblance of normalcy, as well, while maintaining some means of safety and protection in this ever-evolving pandemic that seems to be sticking around for the long haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment