Saturday, June 19, 2021

Father’s Day 2021!

decided to celebrate Father’s Day on Friday and Saturday instead of Sunday this year.  Our adult son is going to be working on Sunday, and with church and preparatory chores for the week, we figured it would be less rushed and more relaxed to celebrate early, so that’s what we did!

On Friday night, it was just my husband, Steve, our 13-year old son, Holden, and me at home.  Our adult son was out with his girlfriend, and our daughter was working.  I made us a nice, relaxing dinner to enjoy at home, just the way Steve prefers!  USDA Prime Sirloin Steak, steamed and buttered garlic and dill potatoes, fresh corn-on-the-cob, and tiramisu for dessert.

Father's Day Dinner 20210618_215525

We have such a lovely, relaxing evening!

Then on Saturday, Hayden was at home and surprised Steve with a very thoughtful gift.  Very cool!  And I managed to corner each of the kids and get them to sign Steve’s Father’s Day card…that never happens!  Even my Mother’s Day card was only from 1 of the 3 kids!  LOL.

I’ll be giving Steve his cards and gift from me on Sunday, but I’m really glad we got to have such a relaxing weekend together before the hustle and bustle of the Sunday routine.

Happy Father’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment