Saturday, November 7, 2020

Favorite Recipes for the Week of November 1st

Thursday, November 5th of this week was our 26th wedding anniversary!  It’s difficult to plan any kind of special outings or activities during a global pandemic, in sharp contrast to last year’s wonderful 25th anniversary extended weekend trip down to Fredericksburg, TX.  But we bought each other flowers and cards, and I planned to make my husband’s favorite dinner…calzones and roasted vegetables…with some Italian-themed appetizers and a tiramisu for dessert.  Thanks, Trader Joe’s, but having everything I needed!


TOP FAVORITE BREAKFAST:

Fajita Frittata.  This was a really hearty and satisfying breakfast, and it was something different from the usual, which I really enjoyed.  It contained everything you’d put into chicken fajitas, but it was stuck inside of a baked egg dish with a layer of cheese melted over the top.  I served it with the salsa on the side for dipping, a Sage Breakfast Patty, a cup of mixed berries, and a slice of wheat toast with jam for a total of 325 calories. 


TOP FAVORITE LUNCH:

Ranch Chicken Salad Sandwich.  This was a delicious sandwich with wonderful flavors and textures.  We all found ourselves looking forward to having it again for a couple of days.  I cooked the chicken ahead of time earlier in the day, so it was ready to prep before bed for some weekday lunches, and the recipe came together really fast.  I served it with some baked potato chips and some fresh pineapple or grapes.  When I packaged it up, I kept the chicken salad filling and toppings beside the bun so it wouldn’t make the bread soggy as it sat in the fridge for a couple of days.  That allowed me to prep a bunch of containers ahead of time. 


TOP FAVORITE DINNER:

Weekday Lasagna.  My husband and I, as well as my 12-year old son, really loved this lasagna.  It was one of the easiest lasagnas I’ve ever made, just because there was no need to buy oven-ready lasagna, yet I did not have to pre-cook the noodles, which are so hard to work with when cooked.  Also, it did not contain any ricotta cheese, which my daughter does not like, and my husband really liked the homemade meat sauce.  I was very happy with this recipe in so many ways!  I also made some roasted Garlic Green Beans on the side.  The recipe called for boiling them, but I roasted mine in the oven, which is how I like them best.  I also served it with either some buttered wheat toast or 1/2 a garlic breadstick on the side for a total of 386 calories.  I loved that I got to enjoy lasagna, my favorite Italian dish, without an overload of calories.


I hope there are some new recipes here that your family will enjoy. 

In other news, I also got to add a new great nephew to my family on Friday.  Welcome to the world, baby Wesley!

No comments:

Post a Comment