Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy Valentine’s Day!

I got up to a lovely card and a beautiful bouquet of spring flowers from my husband this morning.  There were even daisies in it…my favorite!

DSCF4571

My kids got up and rushed to get ready for church this morning so they could open their traditional Valentine’s goodie bags.  Every year, they make and decorate the lunch sacks with hearts as a school craft and write their names on them, and then we save them to fill with treats for Valentine’s Day.  They could hardly wait to get downstairs this morning!  They tried to get Hayden up, but he wasn’t going for it, so they started without him.  Sadly, I think he’s gotten too big for treats from mom, because now it’s afternoon, and he still hasn’t even looked at his.  Sad smile  (sniff, sniff).

DSCF4570

I usually make some kind of special breakfast for them, like heart-shaped waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, but there just wasn’t time before church.  I did make them a nice breakfast of a Black Forest ham and cheese omelet on a fluffy biscuit with fresh banana and strawberry slices yesterday, though, so hopefully that makes up for it a bit.

What kinds of Valentine’s traditions do you have in your house? 

I hope you all have an extra special day. Red heart

No comments:

Post a Comment