Sunday, December 21, 2014

Weekly Wrap-Up – December 7th-13th

The holidays happenings have begun!  It seems like the season snuck up on me this year, and I’m having trouble getting into the mood for the festivities.  I thought I’d get things started with some baking!  What says holidays more than yummy treats?

********************

On Friday, I hosted my very first Holiday Cookie Exchange!  That was a lot of fun.  We each brought 2 dozen cookies to share, and then we each took home 24 cookies to enjoy.  Some people brought 24 of one kind, and some people brought 12 each of 2 different kinds.  We ended up with 7 different kinds of cookies to try, and we exchanged copies of all the recipes, too.

 DSCF2305

Each of us got to take home a large platter full of a variety of cookies for our weekend enjoyment, and all the kids played together while the adults chatted and swapped recipes in the kitchen.  I had a limited amount of time to visit since I had to pick Hayden up from school, but we all had a great time and would love to do it again.  It was a neat experience!  Thank you Melissa & Kevin Levert, Gina Nall, Micka Carden, and Valentyna Wheeler for joining in on the fun!

********************

Then on Saturday, I got up early and hosted a huge yard sale.  While I was busy raking in $183.50 throughout the course of the weekend, I got Steve to take Haylee and Holden over to the Green Run Clubhouse for the annual kids’ Christmas party.

DSCF2306

Here are the kids sitting with Santa.  Steve hates crowded events, and he said this one was just too disorganized and loud, so he only stayed for a few minutes.  I figured that’s how it would go!  But at least the kids got to see Santa and enjoy a few treats.  Thank you, Steve, for doing something I know you hated so I could hold my yard sale and unload our clutter from the house!  I know we’re all happier to have less stuff sitting around.  Steve said his heart rate was elevated when he got back from the stress of being in the chaos.  Too funny.

********************

I hope you’re all having a good time with your holiday celebrations!  I know it’s a busy time of year with lots of commitments and lots of fun.  Share what your family is doing for the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment