Sunday, July 1, 2012

Getting Ready!

My plunge into the world of the product reviewer has kept me busy!  It's great, though.  I'm loving every minute of it.  Sometimes one of the kids is REALLY excited about a particular product, and sometimes it's a chore to get them involved.  But in the end, I think we're all enjoying it.  Already, we've switched math programs for Hayden for this year because of a product we're reviewing that seems to be working better for him than what we had planned to use.  I'll get into that more when the review comes up.

We accomplished our first week of the new school year in mid-June and took these last two weeks off to polish some rough edges in our plans for the year and to complete our preparations for the school year.  I always like to have a little "false start" and then take some time to fix anything I failed to copy, print, order, prepare, schedule, etc.  With 3 kids in the school routine now, there's bound to be something I've overlooked, particularly since we go right from one school year into the next without a noticeable break!  Sheesh!  During our brief break, I had to cart Haylee back and forth the first week to her cheer and tumbling camp.  She had a blast!  She enjoyed it so much that I signed her up again in August during our scheduled week off for that month.  Here's a little video they put together of still photos from her week at camp.  She's in at least 4 of the photos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YrVQ64GBfE

I think we're in a good place now and ready to hit the ground running.  However, we have quite a busy schedule this week.  Tomorrow evening, we're going to a Tides game where they'll be doing a fireworks display afterwards.  It's our family tradition to go every year.  Tuesday, I'm taking at least Haylee and maybe the neighbors to see the Virginia Symphony play a patriotic Symphony By the Sea concert at the Oceanfront.  Then Wednesday, of course, is the 4th of July.  We always go see the fireworks display at Mt. Trashmore from a nearby parking lot that's easy to get out of when it's all over.  Steve will be off that day, but it's still a school day for us.  We'll have to see how that goes!  So as you can see, it will be pretty tough to stay on schedule with school this week.  The kids will have to be at the top of their game to finish on time every day.  Good luck with that!  LOL.

We were late doing our family end-of-school year celebrations, so we took this weekend to wrap up some family fun.  We went out to dinner (a rare treat) at Mi Casita on Friday night, as we do every summer when school comes to an end.  It's the kids' favorite place to eat, and mine, too.  I gained 2 pounds from dinner, even though I split an entree with Hayden, which is what usually happens when I eat out. DARN! 

Then Saturday, we went to the 3-D indoor blacklight mini golf place at the Oceanfront.  Afterwards, I waded in the ocean with the kids while Steve sat and waited for us.  Fuddy duddy!  LOL.  We seriously had a blast.  The kids have always lived here and were born in this city, and yet it's the first time I've ever taken them all to wade in the ocean!  How sad is that?!?  Truth be told, not a one of us can swim, so that's my reason for avoiding all things involving water.  Some kid mowed us down on a boogie board and I scraped my leg on the sand.  Another little girl mowed Hayden down, and he sat in his shorts in the sand and water laughing his behind off!  LOL.  We really had a blast.  Hayden said he had the time of his life and couldn't wait to go back and do it again.  He said the feeling of the waves taking the sand out from underneath his feet was so weird!  He's never felt that sensation before.  We all had such fun!

Hayden and Holden still had a little school work to wrap up, so we got that finished up this weekend, too.  Hopefully, everyone will be on board and ready to get into a full schedule tomorrow!  Game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment