Saturday, February 19, 2022

My Cool Symphony Event

Amazon.com: Back to the Future : Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea  Thompson, Thomas F. Wilson, Crispin Glover, Claudia Wells, Billy Zane,  Casey Siemaszko, Robert Zemeckis, Bob Gale, Neil Canton, Steven Spielberg,

I’ve always been a big fan of the symphony.  I’m a season ticket holder for both the Symphonic series and POPS series of performances, and I just renewed for next season, as well.  It’s my requested annual Mother’s Day gift!

The Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra did the coolest concert last Sunday. We got to watch the entire film, Back to the Future, on a big pull-down screen over the stage while the symphony performed the full musical score for the film live while the movie played.  It was so cool!  And outside the Bass Performance Hall, they had the signature DeLorean on display.  Check this out!

Now this movie is from 1985 when I was in middle school, so this was a real blast from the past for me!  I really enjoyed it.  It was nice to see Michael J. Fox still in his prime, too, before Parkinson’s disease plagued his life.

I really had a great time, and I love it when the symphony plays live music to an accompanying film.  It’s a real treat!  I remember that one year, they did music to classic silent films, as well, and that was pretty cool.

Here’s to the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra!

No comments:

Post a Comment