Saturday, January 15, 2022

21 Day Fix…A Revival in 2022!

Image 1 - 21 DAY FIX 2 DISC DVD SET (NO BOOKS) 8 WORKOUTS BEACHBODY EXCELLENT CONDITIONI have done 21 Day Fix nutrition and exercise program from Beachbody many times over the years, and it always does the trick for getting me back in shape and on track with healthy eating.  It’s one of the few things that makes any difference at all in my hereditary high cholesterol, and when I’m not doing it full-time, my cholesterol is always high. 

I’ve been off the program for almost a year due to my 2nd shoulder surgery in 2021.  I was cleared to start back slowly in June, but I was honestly afraid to exercise because of the risk of inflaming my shoulder again, which had been a problem for the last 3 years.  3 years of therapy, 2 surgeries, many meds and treatments later, I think I’m finally ready to get back to my normal self.  I have put on 10 lbs. during this hiatus from exercise, and I really need to get it off and get myself back in shape.  So I was resolved that after the holidays and our subsequent string of birthdays were over, I was going to start fresh.

So here I am!  This was my first week back on the program.  I started Monday, January 10th.  As of this morning, I’ve lost 2.2 lbs. since Monday.  That’s actually really good for a woman!  According to the government, the average weight loss for a woman is 1.1 pounds per week, so I’m pretty happy with double that…plus, it’s only been 5 days!  The first week isn’t even over yet.  My husband is doing the nutrition part of the plan with me but not the exercise plan.  He’s losing weight, too.  We eat 6 times per day…3 meals and 3 snacks.  That way, we’re never hungry for long, and we’re always digesting something, which burns more calories.  I’m also drinking at least 64 oz. of water every day.  I measure it out in a container in the morning, squirt a little flavoring in it, and pour my refills out of that container in the fridge all day long until it’s gone.

Already, I feel so much better!  I’m more regular, and my bloated belly has really gone down significantly.  I’m eating 3 cups of veggies, 2 cups of fruit, 3 cups of protein, 1 cup of carbs, 1/3 cup healthy fats, and 1/4 cup seeds/nuts/dressings every day.  That’s plenty of food…larger portions than I would normally eat, for sure…and of the right things.  So I can feel good about what is going into my body.  And I’m working out every single day.  I’ve been sore, so I know I’m out of shape, but I feel stronger every day.  Hooray!

My physical therapist told me to start back slow, doing half the reps and no weights to light weights with modifications to start back, so I’m taking it a little easier than I normally would with the weights.  I’m trying to pay close attention to my form and posture, rolling my shoulders back and down and being careful to maintain that form so that I’m using my shoulder muscles properly and not compensating with my neck muscles.  It’s tough with how weak that shoulder has become, but I’m working through it!

I’ll update my progress as I go, but I can usually lose 10 pounds in a couple of months.  We shall see.  128 is my goal! 

Here’s my pre-program photo.  Hopefully, I’ll be a little less curvy in the weeks to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment