Saturday, January 30, 2021

Bathtub…Side Storage Ideas

I’m totally in love with my new soaking tub and having the lovely 24” Roku tv installed in the wall above it!  I spend so much time in the tub each night now.  It’s kind of addicting.  And with the tub being fully insulated, the water stays to warm for a good hour and a half without the need to add any additional hot water. 

Initially, there wasn’t enough hot water in our hot water tank to fill the tub the full 14” soaking depth.  So to remedy that, Steve cranked up the temperature of the hot water so that I could combine it with more cold water in order to fill it up and still have it hot.  There’s literally just enough now!

So now we have to decide what kind of storage to have custom made for the side of the tub.  I found a website with some great ideas.  But I think the one on there that’s most similar to what we had in mind is this one:

Bathtubs-with-storage-shelves

I say that because what we were thinking of is something with 2 open areas like this but with a sliding wooden barn-door style section in the center.  No drawers underneath as this shows, but a sort of display area on each side, maybe for wash cloths or candles…something neat and tidy…and then a true hidden storage area in the center that would hold the shampoo, conditioner, razor and shaving cream, soap, bath salts, and bubble bath.  That way, nothing is left out around the tub, and the area maintains a clean, tidy appearance.

It will probably be a while before we get to this finishing part, mainly because I have my second shoulder surgery scheduled for this Friday.  That’s going to tie me up for a few weeks between the sling for 2 weeks and the therapy appointments for at least 6 weeks.  I really want to get this finished, though!  I had thought that perhaps I’d take a sketched design to a custom cabinet place and try to get some quotes that way, but I”m not going to have time for that.  So now I’m thinking maybe I’ll call a bathroom remodeling company or a custom cabinet company and have them come out on site and give me some ideas and quotes. 

Either way, I’m hoping to get this finished sooner rather than later, but you know how those final touches can be the sticking points that hold things up from completion!

No comments:

Post a Comment