Saturday, December 5, 2020

Favorite Recipes for the Week of November 29th

This was a week full of some really wonderful recipes!  I hope you’ll find something great you can’t wait to try!


TOP FAVORITE BREAKFAST:

Garden FrittataThis was loaded with a variety of veggies, but with a combination of feta, mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses, the cheesy flavor permeated the dish and helped to hide all of those nutritious veggies.  It was absolutely delicious, and I would definitely make it again!  I served it with a cup of fresh pineapple or cantaloupe for a total of 326 calories.  Here’s a photo from Taste of Home.

Garden Frittata


TOP FAVORITE LUNCH:

Tuna Artichoke Melt.  This was really, really tasty!  We were both pleasantly surprised at just how good this was.  I could eat this any day of the week, as it was very flavorful!  I prepped these in advance for a couple of days and found it was easier to toast the muffin in the morning and then just warm the tuna topping in the microwave, melting the cheese on top, and then plop it onto the English muffin.  So very good!  I served it with 1/3 cup of red grapes for a total of 378 calories.  Here’s a photo from Taste of Home.


TOP FAVORITE DINNER:

Balsamic Seasoned Steak and Colorful Roasted VeggiesThis steak was easy to make, and the balsamic sauce really added so much flavor to this tender meat.  I had never broiled a steak before, and I was surprised that I was able to get it well done without overcooking the outside, but it actually worked out great.  I served it with a lovely array of oven-roasted vegetables that were a great complement to the main dish.  I love any veggies roasted in olive oil, rosemary, and salt, so I knew this was going to be good!  I served these two dishes with a small baked potato for a total of 326 calories! 


Choosing a favorite dinner was difficult, because this Chicken Marsala and Savory Asparagus was restaurant-quality delicious!  My youngest son, who is almost 13, absolutely raved about this meal and was happy to have leftovers the following night.  He even asked to have it for lunch!  I was impressed at how good it was, and it was definitely worth the effort of marinating it the night before.  I will happily add this to our rotation in the future!  Even the asparagus was so good, and he surprisingly ate that, too.  I was supposed to serve it with 1/2 cup of white rice, but I totally forgot the rice!  No biggie…it was great just the way it was.  The chicken and asparagus totaled 321 calories.  Here’s a photo from Taste of Home.

Chicken Marsala  Savory Asparagus


I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as we did.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment