Saturday, October 3, 2020

Favorite Recipes for the Week of September 27th

We had an absolutely crazy week with lots of chaos, so I was really bad about taking meal photos this week.  It was all I could do just to get the meals prepped and prepared.  My husband’s close co-worker tested positive for coronavirus, so my husband was sent home to quarantine for 2 weeks.  In addition, he had to go today to get tested himself.  Thankfully, his rapid antigen test was negative, but we were on pins and needles all week!  Unfortunately, his co-worker’s wife tested positive by the end of the week, and so did the people he had been out to dinner with, which is how he had contracted it himself.  That being said, activities at home were in an upheaval, and I just failed to get photos of our favorite recipes this week.  So sorry!  I’m afraid you’ll have to be content with stock photos from the Taste of Home website.  Rest assured, though, that the meals were great!

TOP FAVORITE BREAKFAST:

Potato Egg Bake.  I really loved this recipe!  I used my veggie chopper to dice the potatoes really small.  The blend of flavors was fabulous, and the portion size was generous.  It was a very satisfying meal!  I served it with half a mini bagel with whipped cream cheese and a sliced golden kiwi fruit.  Refreshing!  All this was a total of 364 calories.  Here’s the photo from Taste of Home.

Potato Egg Bake


TOP FAVORITE LUNCH:

Chili Beef Quesadillas.  We all enjoyed these hearty quesadillas!  My adult son was particularly surprised at just how many good-for-you veggies were hidden in this delicious beefy quesadilla.  And the chili powder added a unique southwest flavor you don’t usually expect in a quesadilla.  We enjoyed it with a little salsa and light sour cream for dipping and 1/2 cup red seedless grapes for a total of 415 calories.  I have an actual quesadilla iron, so I used that to make these into perfect wedges rather than cooking them folded over in a skillet.  Here’s a photo from Taste of Home.

Chili Beef Quesadillas


TOP FAVORITE DINNER:

Basil Tuna Steaks.  Wow!  This was such a surprise!  My husband is not a big fan of fish in general.  He’ll eat it if I give it to him, but that doesn’t mean he likes it.  This, however, was something he said he never wanted to end!  We’ve never had Ahi Tuna Steaks before, but I found some really thick 4 oz. portions individually wrapped and frozen in the Specially Selected brand at Aldi this week.  There were 3 per package, so I grabbed two packs.  This was such a simple recipe with basil as the predominant flavor, but it was the *perfect* complement to the tuna steaks! We all really loved this recipe, and cooking it on the gas grill gave it that nice smoky flavor from the grill.  I served it with some steamed brown rice, and some green beans for a total of 322 calories.  I highly recommend this recipe!  Here’s a photo from Taste of Home.

Basil Tuna Steaks


With this meal, we also had a really wonderful Triple Berry Cobbler for dessert.  It was so simple and easy to make, and it paired fabulously served warm with a scoop of churned vanilla bean ice cream on top.  I just used a whole 3-cup bag of frozen berry blend from Aldi for the filling, which was a nice blend of strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries.  I couldn’t resist running out as it was cooling just to get the ice cream to serve over the top, and it was worth the wait!  I will definitely be making this again.  Here’s a photo from Taste of Home.

Triple-Berry Cobbler


I’m sure you’ll find something here you’ll absolutely love.  Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment