Saturday, July 25, 2020

Have you tried the Flipp app? Find groceries on sale!

Wishabi Introduces Flipp "2.0": Update to Leading Digital Circular App  Introduces Shopping List Feature to Help Consumers Plan and Save

When my husband moved ahead of us to TX a few years ago to start his new job, he found himself lodging in an extended stay facility and doing his own grocery shopping for the first time in over 20 years!  He had taken a small crockpot and a grill, plus a small pan to cook in.  I told him how to shop for marked down meats in certain grocery chains, and I’d often send him tips on what was on sale each week.  Once I joined him in TX about 2 months later, he informed me he had made his own money-saving discovery…the Flipp app!  Someone at church had told him about it.  The app is available for both iOS and Android.  And if you’re at home, you can access it on the website, as well.  And the best part is that it’s FREE!

I’d never heard of Flipp myself.  And I have to admit that I didn’t really use it much, even after I got it, because I figured I didn’t need to use an app to look at grocery ads…I either get email links to them or I get paper copies in my mailbox.  But last weekend, I discovered what actually makes this app so special.  Not only can you view ads, but you can search through them for a specific item!  I needed a particular cut of beef for a recipe, and it was pretty pricey where I usually shop.  So I pulled up the Flipp app and did a search on the specific cut of beef, and it instantly scanned all of the stores in my area and then showed me where it was on sale!  How cool was that?!?  And it was at a store where I wouldn’t normally go, but it saved me so much money that it was worth the special trip!  That was pretty cool, because it’s a store I don’t normally get an ad for in any form.  Talk about a time and money-saver! 

All you do is enter your zip code, and the app quickly populates with all of your local stores. 

flipp

You can put certain stores on your favorites list so they show first at the top, you can click on any add to view it page by page, you can click on specific items in the ad and save them to your shopping list for that store, and you can search for a specific item across all the ads instantly.  Brilliant!  You can see that in my area alone, there are 93 different circulars to scan!  There’s no way I’d see all those ads otherwise.

image

So if you haven’t given Flipp a try, take a look.  It has non-grocery ads, too, so feel free to scan and search other ads for big box, pharmacy, electronics, home improvement stores, and others, as well.

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment