Saturday, January 11, 2020

Our Winter Birthday Spree

This week marked the end of our annual winter birthday spree.  It started with Holden’s 12th birthday on December 28th.  We celebrated with the Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting that he asked for, and then I surprised him with a year-long Ultimate Membership at a brand new Urban Air Adventure Park that just opened in December just a couple of miles away.  He was super excited!  He loves that place already.  There’s so much to do there!  They have climbing wall, inflatable bumper cars, a sky coaster, an obstacle course, basketball trampolines, wall-to-wall trampolines, a battle zone where you fall battle with foam logs on a balance beam and fall into a pit of foam blocks, a stunt zone, a ropes course, and more!  He could spend all day in that place.  I made him close his eyes as we drove up and open them in the parking lot.  He stayed for about 4 hours before I forced him to leave!  LOL

20191228_140946 20191228_184503 

Then came my 48th birthday on January 1st.  I got some goodies from Bath & Body Works, a 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle that Steve promised to help with, and a lovely shadow-boxed sign that says “Forever & Ever” to put over the mantle in our bedroom.  Beautiful!  I ordered my favorite cake from Kroger, which made me really happy.  Steve and I started the day by going out for my free birthday breakfast at Denny’s together…our annual tradition!  I blogged a bit about my birthday already, though, so I’ll just share my video.

And to finish off the spree, we had Steve’s 49th birthday on January 7th.  He had to work that day, Haylee had to stay after school for a soccer game, and Hayden had to work, so it was just the three of us (Steve, Holden, and myself) celebrating at home with the Boston Cream Cake that he wanted for his birthday this year.  Yum!

20200107_165828 20200107_165844

Steve and I continued our celebrations by going out together as often as we could to use up our birthday coupons for free food whenever we could.  Steve had never tried to use any of them in the past, so it was fun to do it together this year.  I just signed him up for the ones I knew he’d enjoy the most.  We went for his Denny’s birthday breakfast just this morning.  That’s the first time he’s ever gotten to go there for himself!  He loved it.

Now we’re off the hook for birthday celebrations until the Summer Birthday Spree that happens for Hayden and Haylee.  They love for all of us to go to Red Robin together for that.  It’s so hard to get everybody together at the same time any more, so when we did Red Robin this time around, it was just Steve and Holden and myself again.  I expect that will become the norm more and more as time goes on.  These kids are getting older year by year, after all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment