Saturday, August 17, 2019

Surprise Visitor–My Niece!

I had a surprise visit from my nice, Katie, yesterday afternoon!  She lives 4 hours away from me until next summer when her husband gets anKatie and Iother military transfer, but we haven’t seen each other since she arrived in TX last summer.  She was on her way to DFW airport to pick up my sister when she got word that my sister’s flight had been unexpectedly canceled!  She happened to be passing through north Fort Worth at the time, and that was actually the closest spot on her route to me, so she was only 20 minutes away.  She wasn’t sure when my sister would end up arriving on a different flight, so I invited her to come and kill time at my house.  We have such a lovely, impromptu visit!  I hadn’t seen her since just before I left VA…my son was graduating and then we were moving the same week, and she was getting married at about the same time, so we both had a lot going on.  We had come to hang out together a lot up until then, as our kids had gotten to an age where they really enjoyed spending time together.  I hadn’t seen any of them since goodbyes in VA over 2 years ago.  It was just her on this trip, but it gave us some time to catch up.  We had a lovely time exchanging updates on the last 2 years, and it will all lead to tomorrow afternoon when my sister, Wendy, is supposed to return to FL. 

Wendy will be flying into DFW again before heading to Gainesville, and she will have a long afternoon layover between flights.  I am going to pick her up and bring her to my house for the day and take her back to the airport in the evening for her return home.  I can’t wait!  I haven’t seen my sister in 4 years…the last time I saw her was when my daughter was celebrating her 11th birthday at a tea room, and my sister happened to be in town and was able to join us.  So this is shaping up to be quite the weekend for family visits!

No comments:

Post a Comment