Saturday, June 22, 2019

I Bought a Vehicle from My Desk at Home!!!

Last Sunday, my husband and I decided that it was probably time to bite the bullet and buy a new-to-us used vehicle.  We haven’t bought one since we got my current van, a 2007 Kia Sedona LX, in 2008.  My van is still holding up fine, but we have another van, a 2003 Kia Sedona EX, that is in terrible shape.  My adult son drives that one to work with a mile and a half from home every day.  And my husband drives my old car to work an hour away every day.  It’s a 1996 Nissan Sentra E, which was the last brand new vehicle we bought when I still worked full-time and did not yet have any kids.  It’s leaking a lot of oil and does not have air conditioning, so hubby comes home wet through every day after sitting in traffic for 1-1.5 hours in the hot TX sun.

So at long last, we decided we can afford a car payment now, and we should go ahead and make a purchase before somebody gets stranded and is without a vehicle altogether.  No sooner did he give the word late on Sunday night, I was on the task right away.  I had scouted out some possibilities before I ever went to bed, and I actually settled on something come Monday morning!  The catch was that the best deal was at Carvana.com, a website where you shop, finance, and purchase your vehicle right in your own home without ever even laying eyes on your vehicle of choice.  Now that may sound a little scary, and it was at first.  But Carvana has some great reviews, and I just couldn’t pass up on the convenience of having the whole process over with without ever leaving my desk! 

So I took the plunge!  Here is what I ordered:

2000322089-edc-03-1800

It’s a 2016 Kia Sedona LX with only 977 miles on it!  I could easily view the Carfax with one click.  It had a single owner for about 2 years and had so few miles on it before it returned to the same TX dealership.  Then it was purchased by Carvana and sold to me!  It has never been in any accidents.  I could even view the original window sticker!  I’m saving about $8,000 off the original price for a vehicle with under 1,000 miles on it!  That’s pretty impressive.  It has all the features I wanted, and I’m super excited to be getting it.  I’m trading in my oldest van, and even that process was easy and was done 100% online!  What’s more, they are delivering it right to my door on Monday afternoon, and they’ll leave with my old van!

The whole process was so easy that my adult son decided he would purchase his first vehicle the same way.  When he got home from work, he ordered his car.  It’s being delivered at the same time as my van!  That is going to make for such an exciting afternoon!  He is getting a 2018 Kia Optima LX.

2000266913-edc-03-1800

So now all that’s left to do is the transfer of vehicles.  We get to test drive them at delivery before taking possession, and any scratches, stains, or damage we find that was not disclosed up front will be photographed and documented.  Then Carvana will compensate us for anything we find.  We have a full 7 days to “test-own” the vehicles, during which time we have the option to return them for a FULL refund, or exchange them for another vehicle. 

The whole process has been super easy, and I can’t wait to see if it’s all I’m hoping it will be.  If so, this will be the easiest and simplest vehicle purchase I’ve ever made!

No comments:

Post a Comment