Thursday, November 15, 2018

Do Your Thanksgiving Shopping at WinCo Foods!!!

I ran to WinCo last night for the last day of a sale on soda and was pleasantly surprised that everything for Thanksgiving dinner was so, so incredibly cheap that I ended up filling up my cart unexpectedly!  It was so late…we got home at about 11:30 PM…but it was worth it to not have to fight the holiday grocery store crowds next week!

Image result for winco foods thanksgiving

I was going to take advantage of getting a turkey breast for 98 cents/lb., which is an incredible price that I haven’t seen in years, but instead, I ended up with a WHOLE turkey…because it was only 24 cents a lb.!  Not kidding.  I got a 16-lb. turkey for under $4!  That’s practically free.  Even if I only ate the breast, it would still be way cheaper than buying the breast alone! 

That’s a lot of turkey, though, for not having any guests to feed this year.  I guess I’ll be making lots of our favorite turkey leftover meals!  Maybe I’ll skip the ham this year to make up for the excess.  If I was more familiar with who the charities are around here in Fort Worth, it would be an excellent time to buy and donate some turkeys to help out those in need with Thanksgiving dinner!

In addition, everything else was super cheap, too.  For instance, the most costly thing about our dinner is usually the ingredients for fruit salad.  Grapes historically go up to something like $3/lb. during Thanksgiving week.  But they had both red and green seedless grapes for 88 cents/lb., and red delicious and granny smith apples were also under $1/lb.!  I picked up the canned pineapple tidbits, mandarin orange slices, and mini marshmallows, and turkey stuffing, all for under $1 each, and I had already bought my heavy whipping cream at Aldi this week for cheap.  So I think I’m all set!  I just have to decide on what to make for dessert this year, and that will be the last thing on my list.  Yay!

So if you are fortunate enough to have a WinCo Foods near you, rush down and beat the crowds by stocking up now!

Image result for winco foods

No comments:

Post a Comment