Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My Baby is 5!!!

It's true. There are no more babies in my house. I've passed from the childbearinDSCF0108g season to the mothering season of my life. My kids are now 5, 8, and 13. Sniff, sniff.

I'm forced to admit I have no more babies now that Holden has officially turned 5! How exactly did that happen?!? Despite his age and the fact that by law, he would officially start school in September if he attended public school, the truth remains that he will *ALWAYS* be my baby! ALWAYS!  Now that I’ve made that clear, let’s talk about this special little man’s recent birthday that took place on December 28, 2012.

I always make my kids the cake of their choice on their actual birthday, along with dinner of their choosing. Holden eyed Haylee's giant colossal cupcake with envy this summer, and he never forgot that he wanted one for HIS birthday, too! So here it is:

DSCF0107

That’s one big cupcake, huh?  It’s equivalent (minus some trimmings) to 48 regular cupcakes!  Seriously!  Not only that, but it takes a whole can of Easy Frost, down to the very last squirt just to frost the top, plus a bag of chocolate candy melts to make the chocolate shell for the bottom half of the cake!  Not to mention all those sprinkles on top.  It’s a real feast, for sure!  He was really excited when he saw it.  It’s worth the effort for the look on your kid’s face when you bring it out.

DSCF0105DSCF0106

We had to wait for daddy to get home from work to celebrate, but that was okay, because it took all day to make the colossal cupcake, anyway!  LOL.

Miss Rosyln, my dearest long-time friend since 1992 and stand-in grandma for my kids, came over after work to have dinner with us and join in on the celebration.  A great time was had by all!

DSCF0109DSCF0110

Hooray for 5!  We told him that now he has to go stand in the unemployment line and get a job.  LOL.  He was nervous for just a split second and then said “no-ooooooooo” in that silly way we all love.  LOVE HIM!  Happy birthday, little man!

Then on to the BIG celebration…his subsequent party on January 5, 2013.  Stay tuned for details of the festivities!  You never want to miss a Burgess Birthday Bash…trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment