Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

This was the first year that Hayden (13) was too old to trick-or-treat!  It was so strange going house to house without him, but he dressed up as Darth Vader anyway and stayed home to pass out goodie bags of candy.  When we ran out near the end of the night, he caught up to us on our walk home and did one house on our street with the other 2 kids...one we missed on the way out.  He got two pieces of chocolate from our neighbor!  LOL.

The other 2 still did pretty good in terms of candy, although there weren't that many kids out, and far fewer houses were passing out candy this year.  It seems to lessen every year.  They had fun, though, and now that I'm fit and trim from doing PINK Method since last December, I breezed through the neighborhood in record time and wasn't even tired when we got home.  Last year and all the years before that, I had to take Tylenol for my aching legs and soak in a hot bath.  I give PINK all the credit for my new, healthier, fitter self.  :)  It's made such a difference to my overall good health (and I dropped my cholesterol 54 points in 7 weeks) that I thought it was worth mentioning!

Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 (Win/Mac) [OLD VERSION]Anyway, I wanted to make photo collages for a review I'm working on (Activity Bags...coming in the next couple of days, hopefully), and I was using Adobe Photoshop Elements 9, which I got for my birthday in January of last year.  Trouble is, I hadn't used it in so long that I'd forgotten the shortcut for making photos fit neatly into a collage template window.  I did some research on the internet and found this site which reminded me it was Control G (or Alt Ctrl G) for Create Clipping Mask.  Yay!  I started whipping out photo collage templates for my review in short order, and once I got the hang of it yesterday, I sat down today to make a cool page to showcase the Halloween photos of the kids to post on Facebook.  Piece of cake!

Here they are:  Hayden (13 - Darth Vader), Haylee (8 - Spider Countess), and Holden (4 - Mater).  The kids really loved their costumes this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment