Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Great computer game for 2-4 year olds

I have all the software that my other kids used when they were little, but a lot of it doesn't run well on newer computers anymore. So I've been on a hunt for something newer for Holden to do on the computer. He is a big Elmo fan, so I was perusing Target for something Sesame Street. I spied a game with good potential, but it was $20. That was a bit steep for a 2-year old's game, so I decided to see if I could find it on ebay. Sure enough! I got it for under $5 shipped on ebay. Anyway, it turned out to be a FABULOUS game, and Holden absolutely adores it. It covers so many topics like color, number, letter, and shape identification, counting, and lots more. It contains video clips from classic Sesame Street episodes, too. It has about 6 different categories of games, and then multiple levels of games with each category. The child can spend as much time on one activity as they wish to before moving on to a progressively more difficult game in that category, or he can leave and go to another category of games at any time. I played it with Holden for about the first 2 times so he could learn how to move around within the game, and after that, he started going and playing it on his own! He absolutely loves it! It keeps his attention for a long time, and he's learning a lot by playing it. So I can highly recommend this game. Here it is:
Sesame Street Learn, Play & Grow

I just can't say enough great things about this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment