Saturday, April 30, 2022

Cinco de Mayo Meal Ideas

Are you staying home to celebrate Cinco de Mayo?  My family loves Mexican food, and we’ve accumulated some favorite recipes.  I’m going to share some of them here so you can have your own celebration at home.

This first recipe is absolutely fabulous and comes from eMeals.  I’ve found that the success of this recipe comes from using the right kind of tortilla and a good quality white queso dip.  The recipe calls for a corn/flour tortilla blend, and that truly is necessary to get that nice, crispy texture you want in a taquito.  The best ones I’ve used are the ones they make in-store at HEB. 

Enchilada Dippers with Queso

 

The next recipe comes from the back of the can of Market Pantry red enchilada sauce from Target.  Sometimes, you can get a really stellar recipe from a product’s packaging, and this one proves that to be true!  This is the only way I like to make chicken enchiladas, and although I don’t shop at Target any more, I make a special trip once in a while just to stock up on this sauce for this very recipe!  It’s always so good.

47c401452dccfe398326d5e02e09fd3a

 

Once I started making fajitas this way in the oven, I knew I was never going to make them any other way again!  This recipe is so very easy, and it comes out great every single time.  It’s a real time saver!

Baked Chicken Fajitas

 

This last recipe comes from the Fixate Cookbook at Beachbody, which I used when following the 21 Day Fix meal plans.  This is super healthy and well worth the extra effort, because it’s absolutely delicious!

Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup

 

So there are a few recipes to get you started in planning your Cinco de Mayo celebration at home this year.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment