Saturday, December 26, 2020

Favorite Recipes for the Week of December 20th

We did Thanksgiving dinner all over again for Christmas with all the usual combinations of leftovers, so there were just a couple of recipes we had for each meal earlier in the week.  Some were repeats of things we’ve had and featured before, so I’m only sharing new recipes with you here.


TOP FAVORITE BREAKFAST:

Egg ‘n’ Bacon SandwichThis is just like an Egg McMuffin, so it’s always a hit with my Crew.  It’s my go-to meal when I’m short on time but have the ingredients on hand.  I can whip it up in just a few minutes and be on my way.  I serve this with a cup of fresh cantaloupe on the side for a total of 266 calories.

Egg ‘n’ Bacon SandwichesPhoto Credit: Taste of Home


TOP FAVORITE LUNCH:

Shredded Beef Barbecue.  This was so easy to make in the crockpot, and it made so many servings on fluffy Kaiser buns from the bakery!  This lasted us for several days of lunches.  I served it with a salad with light dressing, a pickle spear, and a medium apple for a total of 385 calories.



TOP FAVORITE DINNER:

Easy Swiss Steak. My husband really liked this simple meal.  Cubed steak is generally tough, so simmering this for so long on the stove made it really tender and enjoyable.  The flavor reminded me of chicken cacciatore, only with beef instead of chicken.  I served this over white rice with green beans on the side for a total of 358 calories.

Photo Credit: Taste of Home


I had a lovely Christmas with my husband and kids.  It continues to be an odd year of celebrations because of the ongoing pandemic, but I’m thankful that all of my kids are still at home this year so we can all be together.

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment