Saturday, December 12, 2020

Favorite Recipes for the Week of December 6th

I have some great recipes for you this week!  Choosing was *really* hard.  We had some real winners across the board, so narrowing down the top recipes was a real challenge.  I hope you enjoy the ones we chose!


TOP FAVORITE BREAKFAST:

Sausage Breakfast WrapMy husband and young son really, really enjoyed these, and they were very filling.  I served them with 1/2 cup fresh blueberries on the side for a total of 318 calories. Here’s a photo from Taste of Home.

Sausage Breakfast Wraps


TOP FAVORITE LUNCH:

Spicy Buffalo Chicken Wrap.  If you enjoy buffalo chicken wings and blue cheese, then you’ll enjoy all the same flavors in these convenient lunch wraps.  There was quite a bit of chicken in these, and I served them with celery sticks with ranch dressing on the side and 1/2 cup red seedless grapes for a total of 304 calories!  Here’s a photo from Taste of Home.

Spicy Buffalo Chicken Wraps


TOP FAVORITE DINNER:

Glazed Asian Pork Medallions and Stir-Fried CarrotsI have to admit that I was skeptical of this recipe when I saw that it contained orange marmalade, but I selected the spreadable fruit-type of marmalade for less sugar, and I was amazed at the authentic Asian flavor of this pork!  It was perfect.  I kept thinking that in the future, I would use this same glaze recipe for Orange Chicken, because using the marmalade is a whole lot faster and easier than grating fresh orange peel to combine with fresh orange juice!  Anyway, I served this with the Stir-Fried Carrots and a buttered roll on the side for a total of 386 calories.  This meal came together quickly and was a real winner with my crew.

20201209_200705


I just have to give honorable mention to this fabulous sandwich we had for lunches.  It’s called a Baked Deli Focaccia Sandwich.  Check out the picture of the whole thing when I took it out of the oven!  It got slices up into wedges, but this thing was as tasty as a sandwich gets.  I stopped by Panera Bread to get a fresh-baked Asiago Cheese Focaccia loaf on which to make this sandwich, so that was the basis of flavor in the bread itself.  It was incredible!  My husband said he found himself looking forward to this sandwich each day, and the bread held up well and didn’t get soggy as leftovers on subsequent days.  We reheated it in the air fryer.


There’s only one more shopping weekend left before Christmas, so get your meal plan organized with some of these great recipes and use your time wisely so you’ll have extra time to get out and finish up your Christmas shopping before the big crowd rush next weekend. 

Enjoy, and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment