Saturday, December 19, 2020

Favorite Recipes for the Week of December 13th

We really had some great choices this week.  Our meals were all so good!  My husband got a new-to-us used car from Carvana last weekend, so we were busy getting that squared away and trying it out.  I hope you find some great new recipes to try from our menu for the week!


TOP FAVORITE BREAKFAST:

Italian Garden FrittataThis was a really tasty egg dish, and we both felt the flavors were even better in the leftovers as each day passed.  I served this with a Peach Smoothie recipe we’ve had before and some fresh blueberries for a total of 324 calories. 

Italian Garden FrittataPhoto Credit: Taste of Home


TOP FAVORITE LUNCH:

Lime Jalapeno Turkey Wrap.  Wow!  This was a total winner.  You might be thinking that a wrap is a wrap…they’re all pretty similar.  But this was loaded with flavors.  We did note that the recipe was void of any kind of condiment, so I added a drizzle of light ranch dressing to each wrap, and it was the perfect cooling complement to the heat of the jalapeno.  This was SO good!  Instead of shredded turkey, I bought a slab of cooked oven-roasted turkey breast from Aldi and cut it into cubes.  It was perfect.  We will definitely be having this again and again!  I served it with some white corn tortilla chips and salsa for dipping and 1/2 cup of baby carrots for a total of 409 calories.  Yum!

Lime Jalapeno Turkey Wraps
Photo Credit: Taste of Home


TOP FAVORITE DINNER:

Southwest Pasta Bake.  My husband really enjoyed this dish for its unique combination of flavors.  It’s like a cross between Italian and Mexican.  It’s very tasty in an unexpected way and is actually very good!  I served it with steamed broccoli for a total of 328 calories.  My husband enjoyed it so much that he actually took some of the leftovers for lunch one day!

Southwest Pasta Bake
Photo Credit: Taste of Home


The top favorite dinner was a difficult choice, so I have to give honorable mention to these delicious Two-Cheese Turkey Enchiladas.  My husband and I really enjoyed the creamy filling.  They were easy to make, and the leftovers lasted us several days.  I actually had enough filling to make more servings than were listed, so this is a great dish for feeding a crowd.  I served it with some shredded lettuce, tomato, and light sour cream on top and a salad with light dressing on the side for a total of 329 calories.


Photo Credit: Taste of Home

T

TOP FAVORITE DESSERT:

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies.  I only made one dessert this week.  I had intended to make more, but I was super busy and never got around to it.  But I’m happy to share this delicious recipe with you.  These soft little dome-shaped cookies are almost cake-like, and the chocolate chips are quite plentiful.  They were a hit with my family.  I used a 1.5 Tbsp. cookie scoop leveled off to measure out my dough, and it made a few extras over and above the suggested serving count.  I think they came out to about 50 calories a piece, so we could indulge in a few of these without a lot of guilt.  It’s also a great way to use up over-ripe bananas instead of throwing them out!  The recipe came together in a flash.

Photo Credit: Taste of Home


That’s it for now!  I will have fewer recipes to choose from next week since I’ll be doing a traditional Thanksgiving-type menu for Christmas, complete with all the leftovers for the weekend.  I hope you all enjoy your holiday, even if it’s without your extended family. 

Happy cooking, and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment