Saturday, October 17, 2020

Favorite Recipes for the Week fo October 11th

We tried lots of new recipes this week, so I hope you’ll find something you’d really like to try from our favorites.

TOP FAVORITE BREAKFAST:

Silver Dollar Oat Pancakes.  My husband and tween son really liked these easy pancakes.  I found that it made less than the recipe says, so count on about 4 per serving instead of 5.  I served them with a slice of bacon, an egg, and 1/4 cup of fresh pineapple for a total of 346 calories.  Here is a stock photo from theTaste of Home website.

Silver Dollar Oat Pancakes


TOP FAVORITE LUNCH:

Anytime Turkey Chili.  This was a new take on chili for us…I’ve never before added pumpkin puree to any type of chili or soup, but I had heard it’s great for fall soups and stews, and I know it’s very good for you, so we decide to give it a try.  It wasn’t bad at all!  This is a super nutritious turkey chili, and we actually found that it tasted better the more days it was leftover.  I sprinkled a little shredded light cheddar on top and served it with 4 saltine crackers, a small salad with light dressing, and 1/3 cup red grapes for a total of 336 calories.  Even my tween son gobbled this up!  He kept saying he wanted to try it on chili dogs…maybe next time!


TOP FAVORITE DINNER:

Black Bean Chicken Tacos.  There’s nothing not to like about a good chicken taco recipe.  You just can’t go wrong!  This one was no exception.  I did not make the tortillas from scratch, as I was short on time that night, but the filling was absolutely delicious!  I served it with 1/2 cup fat-free refried beans and a salad with light dressing for a total of 357 calories.  Yum!  Here is a stock photo from the Taste of Home website.

Black Bean Chicken Tacos


For dessert this week, I made another batch of the Triple Berry Cobbler I shared in a previous post.  It was just too good not to have it again!

That’s it for now.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment