Saturday, March 20, 2021

Pool Recovery Continues

Chemically, we’re doing pretty well on balancing the pool after the big freeze, power outage, and subsequent storm that overflowed the pool when the pipes were cracked and we couldn’t pump out the extra water.  Aye, aye, aye.  It’s been a process.  Last week when I took in my water sample and was told it was 90% balanced (before I added shock for the week), everybody shopping in Leslie’s Pool & Spa Supply clapped and cheered for me as I took a bow!  LOL

Steve has been busy skimming leaves and vacuuming out the pool each week while I have been handling the water testing and treatment.  But we noticed the pump pressure shot up over the last week and got all the way up to 30!  So that meant it was time to disassemble the pool filter and give it a good cleaning.  When he took the cover off, here’s what we found. 

No photo description available.

Disgusting!!!  So gross inside.  Needless to say, the pump pressure was a cool 14 after cleaning the grids. 

All in all, the pool is getting back in order, for sure.  It’s been a couple of years since we did all the pool maintenance ourselves, but we’re saving the $189/mo. for pool servicing, less the cost of chemicals.  We still need to replace the pool heater after the manifold cracked from the big freeze/power outage, but we just got our stimulus money this week, so we should be able to do that next.  First, I had to pay off my CareCredit from my shoulder surgery…so glad to have that paid off!  There’s still more billing to come…I’ve only been billed for the facility fee so far.  I still have the surgeon’s fees, surgical assistant, and anesthesiologist’s bills to come.

Anyway, we’ll be glad when the pool heater is replaced.  We miss using the hot tub on the weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment