Saturday, August 3, 2019

Ollie’s Bargain Outlet Grand Opening in Benbrook, TX!

Ollie's Bargain Outlet Good Stuff Cheap

Having moved to DFW from Virginia, which was my home for 39 years, I’m all too familiar with Ollie’s Bargain Outlet.  I had three locations to choose from within 35 minutes of my home when I lived in Virginia Beach.  This is a store I visited regularly, particularly at holidays and birthdays and before our annual vacation.  It’s a great place to get unique gifts for people, pick up a new bible or bible cover, get historical books and videos, get party, art, or office supplies, tons of food items, housewares and small appliances, pet supplies, and even sporting goods!  They had so much to offer.

When I moved to DFW two years ago, I had to accept that my Ollie’s shopping days were over.  I kept getting my beloved Ollie’s coupons in my forwarded mail.  I finally had to unsubscribe, because it was just too depressing to get great discounts for my favorite store when I had no way to shop there.  Sadly, there were none in the deep south.  I held out hope, though, that maybe one day, they would expand into TX.  Then right after Christmas, I received a coupon out of the blue!  It dawned on me that maybe one had opened in the area, and that’s why they sent me a coupon after a year and a half of nothing.  I went online to see andStore Locator Header Image found an article stating that Ollie’s had bought out hundreds of the former Toys R Us buildings across the deep south, shopping carts and all, as a way to do a mass expansion into new states, and this included numerous locations in TX!  I also discovered that the first TX store had opened just before the holidays in McKinney, TX, about an hour and a half away.  My daughter and I loaded up the very next weekend and took a trip out there.  I stocked up on all kinds of things I used to get there regularly…Keurig tea and coffee pods in bulk boxes at amazing prices, Amish novels (my favorite), spices, jigsaw puzzles (I was going through them like water through the winter months, and they were much cheaper at Ollie’s!), and much more.  I was so happy to shop there again!  Since January, Ollie’s opened another store a bit closer, but still almost an hour away.  And then I caught wind of an “coming soon” announcement in the Ollie’s app, letting me know that a store would eventually be coming to Benbrook.  So I wrote to customer service and found out it would be opening late this summer.

Now the big day is right around the corner!  Wednesday, August 7th is Grand Opening Day!  So if you live in the Fort Worth area, stop by and indulge in a little shopping spree of your own!  I’m so excited to have my very own Ollie’s just 20 minutes from my house once again.  Woo-hoo!  Sign up for an Ollie’s Army Card now so you can be prepared to earn special discounts.  The more you shop, the more and bigger value coupons they send you in the mail!  You just never know what you will find there.  And get the app, too!  It will store you membership card, and it even stores your coupons so you don’t have to remember to stick them in your purse.

See you there!

7909 Camp Bowie West Boulevard
Suite 130
Benbrook , TX 76116
(817) 244-4772

No comments:

Post a Comment