Saturday, May 26, 2018

Costco – Good to Know!

If you are a current Costco member or are considering becoming one, then you’ll want to know about this tip I just discovered today.  I’ve only been a member since last summer when we moved to TX, so all-things-Costco are still relatively new to me, since I was a BJ’s and Sam’s Club member when I lived in VA.

Image result for costco
Last weekend, I saw they had Clorox Xtra Blue Pool Shock in a case of 24 for $65.  Now that’s already a great deal, because I usually pay about $25 for a box of 6 at Walmart, and even when Walmart has it on sale, it’s still $21 for a box of 6.  So I happily grabbed a case and took it home.  Then on Wednesday, Costco put it on sale for $55 in time for the holiday weekend, and that’s nearly too good to be true, making them just $2.29/bottle…almost half price!

I noticed the sale when I went today, and I happily picked up another case.  After all, it’s not going to go to waste, and it’s the one thing I have to use consistently…at least 2 bottles per week, plus extra when we have heavy rain.

When I got to the checkout, I mentioned to the cashier how I was stocking up, but it was a shame I had just bought some last weekend right before the sale started.  She told me to go to customer service and have them look up the transaction, because Costco has a policy where they will give you a price adjustment if you purchase a sale item within 2 weeks of it going on sale.  WOW!  I was super excited, because I’d also noticed that the Finish dishwasher tabs had also gone on sale for $4 off the regular price, and I just bought some about 2 weeks ago and hadn’t even opened the package yet.  So I marched right over to customer service, and wouldn’t you know I got a credit back on my credit card for over $15?!?  Gotta love that! 

I know this has happened to me before, so I sure wish I’d known about this policy sooner.  I figured it was worth mentioning in case you weren’t aware yourself!  They also told me at customer service that if the item has a permanent price drop and not just a sale, then you can get a price adjustment within 30 days!  Awesome. 

Just another reason to love Costco!

No comments:

Post a Comment